Friday, November 13, 2009

Just for the halibut

Had a delicious (and easy) dinner last night, courtesy of Robin Miller's Robin to the Rescue. The recipe was for tilapia with mango sauce, but I used halibut instead.

Grill, pan-fry, or bake the halibut (seasoned with salt and pepper)

Serve with Mango Sauce:
1 Mango, peeled and diced
1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. minced ginger (I used fresh ginger)
1 Tbs. water
1 clove garlic
Blend all ingredients until smooth - if too thick, add more water

Delicious. And did I mention it was easy?

I served it with oven-roasted veggies - also easy. I don't have a recipe, per se, I just wing it:
Put 1 Tbs. olive oil in a gallon-size Ziploc bag
Add salt and pepper to taste (or any other seasoning as desired - garlic would be good, maybe some rosemary)
Cut veggies - last night I used potatoes, parsnips, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. I've also used beets, peppers, etc. If you like carrots, feel free to use them
Add veggies to Ziploc - shake to coat NOTE: Beets bleed, so I use a separate Ziploc for them
Put veggies on a foil covered cookie sheet
Bake for 20-ish minutes at 400 (to 425) degrees until all veggies are done
NOTE: if you want, you can start with the veggies that will take longer to cook, i.e. potatoes, parsnips, etc. and add the other veggies later - however, I just cook them all together. The mushrooms and onions get nice and crispy.

I don't have the nutritional information for either recipe, but halibut is healthy, right? Mango is a fruit, right? Healthy...

No comments: