Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Am I Ready?

Like many Americans, I have watched The Biggest Loser. Sometimes I find it motivating (although obviously not motivating enough or I wouldn’t be where I am); other times I find it depressing (as I have yet to lose 10 lbs. in one week). But, regardless of whether I find it motivating or depressing, I LOVE Bob Harper (the fitness trainer) – so much so that I bought a few of his strength training DVDs and [now] I’m actually using them. Nothing against the other Biggest Loser trainer – I know that many people respond very well to her type of training – but she and I would have serious problems. She doesn’t motivate me, in fact she makes me want to punch her in the face. AND I would want to do the exact opposite of anything she asked me to do. (what does that say about my personality?)

Anyway, in addition to the DVDs, I also purchased a book by Bob Harper, Are You Ready! What I really like about Bob (yup, we’re so tight that I can just call him Bob) is that he seems to really care about the people he works with and wants to address the underlying reasons for an individual’s weight problem. I am living proof that someone can change their life enough to lose weight, but (I’m guessing) because there are still issues that haven’t been dealt with, the weight will come back (with a vengeance).

So, that said, I think I’ve finally come up with some type of format for this blog. Broad topics include: recipes, exercise info, food finds, weight loss epiphanies, and any articles I find interesting and/or pertinent. And, of course, I will be sharing any and all progress I make in my quest.

1 comment:

Miss L said...

I'm curious to see how you like "Bob's" book. Know that I'm cheering you on, my friend!!! You are doing super fantastic. :)