Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh, the frustration!

I can't even express how frustrated I am. Yet another week has gone by and I STILL haven't lost any more weight. To be honest, instead of weight, I am losing motivation. Seriously, I've switched workouts (Shake it Up! from the last post), the new workout is longer (Increase physical activity from the last post) and still nothing. I stay within my weekly calorie range - or at least, pretty darn close to it. Still NOTHING. Sometimes I feel that if getting up early to workout and "depriving" myself of the foods that I normally enjoy aren't making a difference, why try? Any ideas?

However, since I can't even hope to succeed at something I give up on, I'm not giving up. I have purchased a new workout DVD; I'll let you know more about it if it helps.

Tip for the day:

I eat a lot more salads when I'm dieting, and plain, undressed salads can get really old really fast. However, when I'm not at home, it's possible that the only fat-free dressing is something I don't like, i.e. the so-called French dressing which is a. disgusting and b. not French. Anyway, a little trick I learned from some weight-loss center a few years ago is to get the dressing on the side (of course), then dip my fork into the dressing, tap off the extra dressing (or not), then load the fork up with salad. That way each bite of salad has dressing AND I avoid eating too much dressing. In fact, I rarely even go through 1 Tbs of dressing. AND because fat-free dressing is not calorie-free dressing, this works even when you CAN get the fat-free dressing you enjoy!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love to eat salads, but have never been a fan of salad dressings. My answer has been to go without or use a lemon. I have come to love a dressing that I make at home with a bit of honey, (or sugar, if you are so inclined) rice vinegar, olive oil, and the juice of an orange. LOVE IT! I love it on any salad, but especially an oriental chicken salad. You only need a tiny bit, but it is wonderful.

I know how it feels to be at that stage where nothing works. Hang in there. I have found that taking a day off, and changing how I eat and exercise, (otherwise known as a day of rest) changes how my body reacts to the regular routine of trying to lose weight. It also helps with cravings. If only I could stick to the regular routine.

Miss L said...

Super J says that one of the best exercises for losing weight is walking. I have found that I have to walk at least 30 minutes for it to have any effect, though, which took me a while to work up to. It helps to have a walking buddy. Is there someone you could meet up with to walk????

It is TOUGH, that's for sure. And I hear you about being so dang frustrated! So what I'm doing is this: I'm not dieting (besides trying to eat less sugary things and drink more water). I'm just exercising for a while by itself. Plus, I'm taking lots of vitamins and fish oil pills. I want to try that Acai thing (or however you spell it), which they have at Costco and that has a coupon right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, HANG IN THERE! You are doing GREAT! (and let me know what you think of your new dvd! OH! And your new blog is now on my reader list so I'll be sure to keep looking for updates).